newsletter 07 / Summer 2018
Dear friends, this is the second newsletter of 2018 and I would like to bring the following points to your attention:
- The Intangible Cultural Heritage (UNESCO) project.
- In newsletter (no. 6) we gave concrete information and an overview where to find the crucial entree for research on the national scale. There was some positive feedback from you and some countries are working hard. BIG NEWS now, there is a second country that followed the heritage route and since the beginning of July DENMARK is as well on a national list: CONGRATULATIONS! Who is next??? Please, give me your feedback asap. To report during the CIPC G.A. in Tokyo / Japan;
- IPSD 2018.
- What a rich collection of pictures from all parts of the world. THANKS a lot for joining the special competition with the STANWELL blue pipe! An international, independent jury had a hard job to find the best 10 pictures and finally to choose the very best one. Now we know: the winner of IPSD 2018 is: SINGAPORE. Look at the CIPC website to find the beautiful overview.
- WCP 2018 in Tokyo / Japan.
- Just a couple of months to go and the international pipe smokers community comes together in TOKYO / JAPAN. Mr. Moriya and his team are working hard. Invitations are on their way and if you want to participate look at https://www.wordlpipe14.jp/en/. Hope to see you all at the Asakusa View Hotel at the end of October (27/28/10);
- Saint Claude / 142ème Chapitre.
- Finally you have to know that the CICP president is now a member of the Confrérie des Maîtres Pipers. His inauguration was last June in the city of Saint Claude / France. It was a weekend with a lot useful talks between (new) friends!
Please, do not keep this information only for yourselves but communicate this newsletter with your pipe smokers friends by using all kinds of social media / sharing info on facebook.
Cornelius C.N. Crans MA. / CIPC president.