newsletter 06 (2018)
Dear friends, this is the first newsletter of 2018 and I would like to bring the following points to your attention:
- The Intangible Cultural Heritage project
- is on its way and more concrete material is now available. For the first time there is a total overview of the countries that did sign the UNESCO convention. See: https://ich.unesco.org/en/states-parties-00024. To give you an idea how to find your own country, the West European countries are in Group I. So for Belgium the best option is Flanders: http://www.kunstenenerfgoed.be/nl/wat-doen-we/immaterieel-cultureel-erfgoed . When you want to find the institute that is responsible for the heritage route in your own country look at: http://review.memoriamedia.net/index.php/map-of-e-inventories-of-intangible-cultural-heritage
- It is crucial for me to know which countries started the proces. If I’m well informed for this moment: Denmark, Ukrain, Slowakia, Belgium / Flanders (and Italy??, there was a positive feeling in Cagli 2017!). So, please let me know asap. what you are doing!
- Great news about the CIPC World Cup 2019.
- You all know we had a strong discussion at the G.A. in Figueres last October 2017 about the nomination of LVIV / Ukrain. The G.A. asked the CIPC president to do a personal research and after my visit in January 2018 I can tell you: LVIV is the place for 2019! Congratulations for the Pipe Club of LVIV wishing you a lot of success and good luck with the preparation!
- IPSD 2018 –
- In FIGUERES (see CIPC website) we presented a new competition with a special blue pipe. Every national president got this pipe and the special request to produce two (or more) pictures with that blue pipe using the theme: HAVE FUN! There are some very nice and original pictures on the CIPC website but a lot of national presidents are preparing their best products. Please notice the deadline of 28/02/2018 at the utmost!!!
Please, do not keep this information only for yourselves but communicate this newsletter with your (national) pipe smokers by using all kinds of social media and sharing the info on facebook.
Cornelius C.N. Crans MA. / CIPC president.