For the first time, the competition for the title of the best slow smoker will take place above 2,000 meters, exactly at 2,275 meters at Plan de Corones.
Saturday 10th September
Arrival and accommodation in the hotels
5.00 pm approx. meeting point: comfortable walk in the secret places of Brunico
6.00 pm the two faces of the same tobacco by the Collegio del Tabacco: guided tasting of Amphora Virginia competition tobacco at the Tschurtschenthaler Park pavillion (free upon reservation)
7.30 pm dinner and pipe smoking inaugural of the highest pipe competition in the world
11 September 2022:
– 9.30 am: meeting at the Riscone cable car square and 15-minute ascent by cable car to the Plan de Corones 2,276 meters.
CAI Plan de Corones refuge at 2,231 m. a.s.l., about a 5-minute walk from the cable car
– 10.00 am: arrival at the CAI Plan de Corones Refuge with a spectacular view over the entire Val Pusteria).
– 11.00: in collaboration with the Academy of the Pipe: presentation of the first wooden pipe of “Luna Nera” and a charity lottery at a shelter for women
– 12.00: Pusterese lunch at the CAI Refuge, possibility of walking, spectacular view
– 1.30 pm: 51st Slow Smoking Championship – the highest slow smoking pipe competition in the world
– For accompanying persons, it is possible to visit the Lumen Museum or the MMM (Messner Mountain Museum)
– 5.00 pm: end and descent to the valley by cable car
* Comfortable and warm clothing is required if necessary, comfortable shoes
Venue of the race: CAI Plan de Corones Refuge – Brunico (BZ) 2.276 mt.
Adress: Via Furcia, 39031 Brunico BZ
Info and costs: registration required by 08.28.2022 firstname.lastname@example.org or
+39 366 6428308 (Raccanello David – president)
The fabulous world of the pipe: during the days there will be some of the most loved pipe experts and pipemaker artisans
Overnight: information at the Tourist Office Brunico Kronplatz Turismo Tel. +39 0474 555722 email@example.com;
Organizer: Corones Pipe Club, Brunico (BZ), Italy: the Corones Pipe Club is a club of fans and lovers of pipe and tobacco, based in Brunico, the first and only one in all of Alto Adige and recognized by the Pipa Club Italia .
Patronage: Pipa Club Italia